How do I create a link in my campaign?
If you’d like to create a link to an external page in your MailChimp campaign, this can be done using the link icon in the content editor toolbar. You’ll be able to turn any regular text in your campaign into a link to an active website. If you wish to add a link to an image, we have directions on how to set that up (coming soon).
- Navigate to the Design step of the Campaign Builder.
- Click the edit button in the upper right hand corner of any red dotted area to bring up the Edit Your Content
- Create the text you want to use as the link (for example “Read More” or “Follow this link”) and highlight that text.
- Click the link icon in the editor toolbar.
- In the Insert/Edit Link box, select a link type and paste or type in the website address (URL).
- If you’d like the link to open in a new window, assign a CSS class, or create a title for your link, click the Advanced Options drop down to edit those settings.
- Click the Insert button to save your link!You can also set up merge tags as a link. When you set up your link simply type or paste the merge tag into the url box rather than a web address. In this example, we’ve added the *|FORWARD|* merge tag to automatically create a link to the Forward to a Friend form for this campaign: